4 days in Auvergne volcanoes with a donkey - 3 nights in hotel
Pessade - Orcival
3h30 walking - Hotel / 8,82 km/ Elevation : + 99 m / - 396 m
Meeting betwenn 11 am and 12 am in Pessade (follow the signs "rando- âne" in the village from the large parking lot, where you can leave your vehicle at the entrance of the village). For those who cannot begin the journey in the morning, contact us for an early afternoon arrival. It is in this small village that your donkey is waiting for you. Hike to reach Servières Lake, a lovely little crater lake a few thousand years old, followed by a gentle descent with beautiful landscapes to reach the village of Orcival.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
For groups less than 4 people, the donkey who will carry all your luggages (be careful, donkeys cannot carry more than 40 kilos, you will be limited in weight : 12 kg / pers).
For groups - 4 people or more - before your hike, remember to leave your luggages at the hotel Orcival this first day because this trasfert is not included in the price (wayback by car, 15 minutes).
Possibility for this first day, to hire the services of a mountain tour leader who will help you for few hours to read the map (essential to follow a route). He will also explain how to deal with the donkey ... all this in order to make the best of your stay (More information further for these extra costs).
Orcival - Laschamps
Overnight in hotel or guest house / Hiking time : 5 hrs / 15.5 km / Elevation : + 455 m / - 347 m
Bucolic day between pastures and small mountain hamlets. Today, you will be in the heart of the Chaîne des Puys and walk up to Laschamps village, passing by the Twin Puys of "La Vache" and "Lassolas", among the youngest cones of this slice of more than 80 volcanoes ....
Night hotel in Laschamps, under the benevolent gaze of the giant Domes.
Laschamps - Aydat lake (or La Cassière lake)
Overnight in hotel or guest house / Hiking time : 3 to 4 h / 7,5 to 11,6 km / Elevation : + 100 m / - 220 m
Departure from your place to join by the "Cheires" (lava flow) Aydat Lake, or La Cassière Lake.
Possibility of swimming (in the protected bathing area).
Night in a hotel room at Lake Aydat or Lake La Cassière.
Aydat lake (or La Cassière lake) - Pessade
Hiking time : 4 to 5 hrs / 11,4 to 15,5 km / Elevation : + 395 m / - 75 m
On your last day of hiking, you will go up to the village of Pessade, through the Narse d'Espinasse, a real little jewel and relic of the ice age.
The journey can be changed for reasons of safety, weather or unforeseen circumstances. Events beyond our control may change the course: change of accommodation (if the chosen accommodation is full at time of booking), cut roads, rivers in flood, strikes, local festivals ... "Aluna Travel" will always make every effort to provide the best solution, even changing the course.
Running time or activity
Consecutive days of hiking
Elevation / Altitude / Terrain
Carrying during your hike
April to October
- 1 person in the group : 935 €/pers
- 2 people in the group : 570 €/pers
- 3 people in the group : 475 €/pers
- 4 people in the group : 470 €/pers
- 5 people in the group : 455 €/pers
- 6 people in the group : 430 €/pers
- 7 et 8 people in the group : 415 €/pers
- Child under 12 years old : Reduction of 100 € on the price above.
- Single room with a supplement of 110 €/pers.
- Half-board adult or teenager from 12 years old in a double or family room = 82 €/pers
- Half-board child under 12 years old in parents' room = 42 €/child
- Night in kota for adult : 25 €/night
- Night in kota for Child under 12 years : 20 €/night
- Evening meal + breakfast : 30 €/adult and 21 €/child under 12
- Dinner / Breakfast / Lunch box, delivered to kota : 39 €/adult and 27 €/child under 12
- Overnight Half board with dinner and breakfast : 54 €/adult and 39 €/child under 12 years
- Night in full board with 3 meals : 63 €/adult and 46 €/child under 12 years
Our price includes
Our price does not include
Transport and donkey (s)
Tour leader option
- 30 days or more before departure : 12 €/pers.
- Less than 30 days before departure : 20 €/pers
- For any tailor-made trip : 30 € + 12 €/pers
A small backpack containing
- Hat or cap
- Pair of sunglasses
- Rain cape or a K-Way windbreaker or better a Gore-Tex jacket
- Toilet paper
- Small personal first aid kit (aspirin, plaster, elastoplast, ...)
- Tupperware with cutlery for picnics and a gourd
- Plastic bags to wrap business in bad weather
For your evening luggage
- Canvas or jogging pants
- Pair of tennis or other for the evening
- Polar fur
- Spare clothing and underwear
- Swiming suit
- Toilet kit with a bath towel
- Pair of lightweight walking shoes, preferably already used, or, for sensitive feet, a good pair of reinforced tennis shoes