5 days with a donkey in Auvergne
3:30 walking - Hotel / 8 km/ + 100 m / - 400 m
Meeting around 10 o'clock in Pessade (follow the signs "rando- âne" in the village from the large parking lot, where you can leave your vehicle at the entrance of the village). For those who cannot begin the journey in the morning, contact us for an early afternoon arrival. It is in this small village that your donkey is waiting for you. Hike to reach Servières Lake, a lovely little crater lake a few thousand years old, followed by a gentle descent with beautiful landscapes to reach the village of Orcival.
For groups less than 4 people, the donkey who will carry all your luggages (be careful, donkeys cannot carry more than 40 kilos, you will be limited in weight.
For groups - 4 people or more - before your hike, remember to leave your luggages at the hotel Orcival this first day because this trasfert is not included in the price (wayback by car, 15 minutes). On Days 2, 3 and 4, a taxi will carry your luggages. On Day 5, you will have to come back to the hotel at the end of your hike to get your luggage yourself because, on the last day, luggage transportation is not included in the price.
Possibility for this first day, to hire the services of a mountain tour leader who will help you for few hours to read the map (essential to follow a route). He will also explain how to deal with the donkey ... all this in order to make the best of your stay (More information further for these extra costs).
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Orcival - Farm of the violets - Montlosier
4 hours walking - Lodge /12 km / + 450 m / - 510 m
In the morning, the Chain of the Puys is showing itself. Your feets lead you to the "Ferme des violettes" for the pleasure of a family visit (Attention no visit if passing there on Sundays). You will then continue your walk to the castle of Montlosier, home of Maison du Parc Naturel Regional des Volcans d'Auvergne. Possible visit of the exhibition on the Chaine des Puys.
Dinner and overnight stay at the lodging of Montlosier.
Montlosier - Puy de la Vache - Laschamps
3 hours walking - Lodge /7,65 km /+147 m / - 149 m
Today, hike on the chain of Puys. between sheep grazing and forest ..
Possibility of climbing the Puy de la Vache and Lassolas without your donkey.
Laschamps - Aydat
3:30 walking - Hotel / 111.6km /+100 m / - 220m
Departure from your guesthouse to join by the lava flow the lake of Aydat ; swimming opportunity (in the protected bathing area).
Aydat - Pessade
4:00 walking /11.4 km /+395 m / - 75 m
Your last day of hiking with your friendly travel companion, you will go up to the farm Pessade through the Narse d'Espinasse, a real jewel and relic of the ice age.
The route can be modified for reasons of safety, meteorology or unforeseen events linked to events beyond our control: cut roads, local festivals ... "Aluna Voyages" and its team will always strive to provide the best solution.
Walking or Activity Time
Consecutive Days of Activities
Elevation / Elevation / Terrain
- 1 person in the group : 850 €/pers
- 2 people in the group : 575 €/pers
- 3 or 4 people in the group : 510 €/pers
- 5 people in the group : 485 €/pers
- 6 people in the group : 470 €/pers
- 7 people in the group : 450 €/pers
- 8 people in the group : 440 €/pers
- Half-board adult or teenager from 12 years old in a double or family room = 82 €/pers
- Half-board child under 12 years old in parents' room = 42 €/child
- Night in kota for adult : 25 €/night
- Night in kota for Child under 12 years : 20 €/night
- Evening meal + breakfast : 30 €/adult and 21 €/child under 12
- Dinner / Breakfast / Lunch box, delivered to kota : 39 €/adult and 27 €/child under 12
- Overnight Half board with dinner and breakfast : 54 €/adult and 39 €/child under 12 years
- Night in full board with 3 meals : 63 €/adult and 46 €/child under 12 years
Our price includes
Our price does not include
Transport and donkey (s)
Tour leader option
- 30 days or more before departure : 12 €/pers
- Less than 30 days before departure : 20 €/pers
- For any tailor-made trip : 30 € + 12 €/pers
A small backpack containing
For your evening luggage
- A silk or cotton sheet for the 2 nights at the cottage (blankets may be not provided)
- Canvas or jogging pants
- Pair of tennis or other for the evening
- Polar fur
- Spare clothing
- Swiming suit
- Toilet kit with a bath towel
- Pair of lightweight walking shoes, preferably already used, or, for sensitive feet, a good pair of reinforced tennis shoe