Hiking in Tenerife
Day 1: Icod de Los Vinos
Night in apartment
Recuperation of the rental car at Tenerife airport (Reina Sofia or Los Rodeos) and transfer to Icod de los Vinos.
Reception and installation in apartment for the whole stay.
Day 2: Los Bailaderos
Night in apartment / 10.5 km / Hiking time 4h / Elevation : + 600m /- 600m
Transfer to the nearby Teno massif and hike through the Sierra to the isolated villages of Teno Alto and Los Bailaderos (the dancers). Return to El Palmar, starting point of the itinerary, then to Icod de los Vinos.
Day 3: Los Silos
Night in apartment / 15.6 km / Hiking time 5.30 h / Elevation : + 890m /- 890m
Short transfer to Los Silos, then departure for a hike through the characteristic wet forests of the northwest of the island. A long but steady ascent leads to the village of Erjos, before continuing on a beautiful forest track, all in curves and laces. The descent along the barranco de los Colchinos takes us back to your starting point.
Day 4: Anaga
Night in apartment / 9.5 km / Hiking time 3.30 to 4 h / Elevation : + 550m /- 550m
Day dedicated to the discovery of the wild peninsula of Anaga, east of Tenerife. Drive about 1h30 from Icod to reach the small village of Los Batanes, where the road ends. The itinerary of the day offers a lot of sensations to the accents of Madeira, a portion of the journey taking place on an old levada. The hike allows you to discover the isolated buttresses that plunge into the ocean, to the northeast of the island.
Day 5: barranco de Masca
Night in apartment / 14 km / Hiking time 5.30 h / Elevation : + 600m /- 600m
Drive west of the island to reach the amazing village of Masca, perched on a steep spur in an idyllic setting.
From here, the route descends the Masca Canyon for a hike to the sea in an impressive mineral setting.
After a deserved swimming, climb back into the canyon to return to Masca.
Day 6: Caldera of Teide
Night in apartment / 12 km (with Teide ascent) / Hiking time 3 to 7h / Elevation : + 300m /- 250m
A group of small hikes allows to discover various facets of this high-place of the global volcanism. You can choose the easy climb of Montaña Blanca and its desert landscapes or Arenas Negras, on the edge of the caldera.
It is also possible to climb by cable car according to weather conditions. At 3600 meters above sea level, just below the summit of Pico del Teide (which is regulated), two short walks around the crater allow to discover unique panoramas on Tenerife and the surrounding islands.
Day 7: Caldera of the Teide - Montana de Guajara
Night in apartment / 10 km / Hiking time 4h30 / Elevation : + 590m /- 590m
As highlight of the stay, the ascent of Montaña de Guajara (2718 m), the name of an ancient goddess Guanche, will close the trip with a wonderfull hike. The opportunity to face the Pico du Teide by dominating the caldera from a different angle from the previous day.
Day 8: Tenerife airport (Reina Sofia or Los Rodeos)
End of the stay
Return of the rental vehicle to the airport.
The program has been drawn up according to the latest information available during its drafting ; Imponderables are always possible and situations beyond our control can modify the process.
Walking or time of Activity
Consecutive Days of Activities
Dates & prices
Our price includes
- For 2 persons, car of category A, 3 doors (type WOLSWAGEN UP or equivalent).
- For 3 people, car category B, 5 doors (type WOLSWAGEN POLO or equivalent).
- For 4 people, car category D, 5 doors (type WOLSWAGEN GOLF or equivalent).
- For 5 people, car category F, 5 doors (type Citroën C4 Picasso SW or equivalent).
Our price does not include
How to get there
Documentation provided for this hike
- 1 topographic map
- 1 log book.
- For a maximum of comfort, favor a system of clothing "multi layer": warm underwear (sticky + jersey) type "carline" or "capilene" (hollow fibers evacuating sweat) + fleece jacket + mountain jacket and Overpants with waterproof and breathable membrane ("gore tex" type or equivalent) for bad weather. In general, and outside hot climates and countries, avoid cotton which retains moisture near the body (and dries hard) to the benefit of synthetic materials adapted.
- Canvas pants - shorts - T-shirts
- Several pairs of hiking socks
- 1 rain cape covering the hiker and the backpack. If you have very technical tracksuits (see above), it is possible to cover only the backpack with a protective bag against the rain. The umbrella is less convenient, especially in the event of wind or storm.
- 1 sun hat, the ideal being a Saharan type cap with visor and neck protection.
- 1 scarf for protection from the sun and / or wind.
- 1 cap and 1 pair of gloves, depending on season and altitude: always have them at the bottom of the bag. For the evenings (by way of indication).
- Spare clothing and comfortable shoes
- Ear plugs
- Minimum toiletries + towel + swimsuit
- 1 (or 2) pair of sunglasses with glasses with a minimum index of 3.
- 1 large plastic bag to wrap clothes and business in the backpack (in case of heavy rain).
- 1 flask or a camel bag, preferably isotherm of 1 liter minimum. Drinking is essential in hiking, 2 container of 1 to 1.5 liter will not be luxurious in summer and / or in dry and warm regions.
- 1 folding knife type Swiss knife + cutlery + goblet.
- 1 bowl type Tupperware with lid for picnics.
- Toilet paper, handkerchiefs of paper.
- 1 compass (recommended).
- 1 pocket to hold your papers and values : passport or identity card, insurance contract, vital card, vaccination certificate, airline tickets, train tickets, credit card, money ...).
- 1 small personal first aid kit (non-exhaustive list to suit your own medical needs) : sterile pre-cut dressings, local antiseptic for external use (wounds), Elastoplast and / or double skin (blisters), Antalgic type paracetamol, Antidiarrheal and antiseptic Intestinal, antisapsmodic, antihistaminic (allergies), physiological saline or ocular eye drops, light sleeping pill, sunscreen high protection for skin and lips, moisturizing cream for sunburn and burns, cream or spray, Arnica Montana granules 9 CH (muscle aches) ...