Black Périgord, between History and Prehistory
Night at the hotel - Half board
Welcome to your hotel at the end of the afternoon in Montignac, in the Vézère valley.
Choose preferably as day 1 a Sunday or a Thursday, to enjoy the day 7 of the market in Sarlat.
Vallée de la Vézère - Montignac - Thonac
Half board at the hotel / 8.5 km / Walking time : 2 to 3 h / Elevation : + 205 m / - 215 m
You can spend the morning visiting the new Lascaux 4, the new International Center for Parietal Art, housing a 100% copy of the Lascaux cave. This new museum is 1 km from the center of Montignac.
In the afternoon, you start your hike in the Vézère valley. Climb to Quatre Chemins and the site of Thot and Espace Cro-Magnon, coupled with CIAP and complementary to know even more about our distant ancestors.
Descent to the village of Thonac,
Half board in hotel.
Sergeac -Roque Saint Christophe - Les Eyzies
Half board at the hotel / 21 km / Walking time : 6 h / Elevation : + 560 m / - 560 m
From the hamlet of Sergeac located on the left bank of the Vézère, the route quickly leads to the authentic prehistoric shelters of Castel Merle. Passing the hill of La Souquète to reach the exceptional troglodyte site of Roque Saint-Christophe. Move then right bank until Lespinasse, then Tursac on the other bank. The final itinerary is done by the top of the relief of the Jarjottes, descent on Les Eyzies, the capital of the prehistory with its national museum and the shelter Cro-Magnon.
Les Eyzies - Boyer / Lamy
Half board at the hotel / 16.5 km / Walking time : 4 to 5 h / Elevation : + 510 m / - 415 m
From Les Eyzies, you can visit the inescapable grotto of Font de Gaume (polychrome paintings). Then climb to Le Repaire before crossing the valley of Little Beune. Go back to the village of Sireuil before reaching the castle of Commarque in the valley of the Beune, a little mysterious site ... Back to the Little Beune passing near the dry stone huts of Breuil, visit possible with a small detour. Step on the hill in the heart of the forest Périgord at Boyer or Lamy.
Vallée de la Dordogne
Half board at the hotel / 14 km / Walking time : 4 à 5h / Elevation : + 450m / - 355 m
Transfer to the castle of Milandes on the Dordogne valley. The route leads you to Castelnaud, a beautiful golden stone village nestled at the foot of its feudal castle. Following the left bank of the Dordogne, we reach Cénac, a round trip allows you to go to discover the Bastide de Domme and its magnificent point of view on the valley. Night in a hotel near the Port of Domme.
Vallée de la Dordogne
Half board at the hotel / 12,5 km / Walking time : 4 h / Elevation : + 230 m / - 215 m
The route of the day along the "Esperance River" by some of the most beautiful villages in the valley of the castles. We quickly joined La Roque-Gageac, nestled between cliff and river. Shortly after, you pass by the castle of Marqueyssac and its beautiful sculpted boxwood gardens before crossing Vézac and reach Beynac and Cazenac, another medieval village on the banks of the river, overlooked by an impressive fortress. Late afternoon, short transfer to Sarlat. 1/2 board in hotel in Sarlat.
Sarlat capital of black Perigord
Visit of Sarlat
Free day to visit Sarlat in peace, its narrow streets, medieval houses, its market Wednesday mornings and Saturday all day, its restaurants .... In the afternoon, transfer back to the Vézère valley in Montignac.
Visits are given as an indication as opportunities to be included in the day of the tour, visits are not included in the package. The program was established according to the latest known elements when it was written; imponderables are always possible and situations beyond our control can modify the course.
Walking or Activity Time
Consecutive Days of Activities
2 to 6 people traveling together
1 person traveling alone
Our price includes
Our price does not include
How to get there
If you travel by train
If you are traveling by car
Before and after stay
Documentation provided for this hike
- canvas pants - short - T-shirts
- several pairs of hiking socks
- 1 rain cape covering hiker and backpack. If you have very technical tracksuits (see above), it is possible to cover only the backpack with a rain bag protector. The umbrella meanwhile is less convenient, especially in case of wind or thunderstorm
- 1 sun hat, the ideal being a Saharan type cap with visor and neck protection
- 1 scarf to protect yourself from the sun and / or the wind
- 1 hat and 1 pair of gloves, depending on the season and altitude : always have them at the bottom of the bag.
- 1 (or 2) pair of sunglasses with glasses of index 3 minimum.
- 1 large solid plastic bag to wrap clothes and belongings in the backpack (in case of heavy rain)
- 1 water container preferably isothermal at least 1 liter. Drinking is essential for hiking, 2 water container of 1 to 1.5 liters will not be luxury in summer and / or in dry and hot areas.
- 1 folding knife type Swiss knife + cutlery + tumbler.
- 1 tupperware bowl with lid for picnics.
- toilet paper, facial tissues.
- 1 pair of telescopic sticks, optional, but they serve to balance and lighten the weight of the body in descent, and help during the climb by pacing the march and in addition to pushing.
- 1 compass (recommended).
- 1 pouch to hold your papers and values: passport or identity card, insurance contract, vital card, vaccination certificate, plane tickets, train, credit card, money ...) 1 small personal pharmacy (Attention non exhaustive list to adapt according to your own medical needs): pre-cut sterile dressings, local antiseptic for external use (wounds), Elastoplast and / or double skin (ampoules), analgesic paracetamol type, Antidiarrheal and antiseptic intestinal, antisapsmodic, antihistamine (allergy), physiological saline or eye drops, light sleep aid, high protection skin and lip cream, Biaffine moisturizing cream (sunburn and burns), cream or mosquito spray, Arnica Montana granules 9 CH (aches) ...